How to Get Amnesty
- Find out how much you owe by reviewing your records and tax responsibilities. If you need help, call us at 1-800-252-1390.
- If you underreported or failed to file a report, you need to file an original tax report for the period you did not file, or an amended tax report for the period you underreported, via a paper return. See the Tax Forms page to access forms.
- If you need to apply for a tax permit or complete a registration, submit the applicable tax application or questionnaire. See the Tax Forms page to access forms.
- Write “amnesty” on all checks, money orders, returns, applications and questionnaires that you submit.
- Mail all payments, returns, applications and questionnaires to the Comptroller of Public Accounts. Amnesty returns and payments must be postmarked by the August 17, 2012, deadline.
Don't delay—the amnesty is only available June 12 through August 17, 2012.